What's Bugging Me

Friday, December 15, 2006

Anticipation

For Sunday Scribblings #38


It's been a while since I last posted. This prompt though, made me take notice.

December is such a time of anticipation. This year, I am anticipating so many things...

#1 Waiting for my husband to come home. He's been in North Carolina since the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and will finally come home 2 days before Christmas.

#2 Christmas. Sharing the excitement with my children. Sharing the warmth and love with my husband. Sharing the joy with family and friends. Because David has been gone, I was anticipating having alot of stress and anxiety. However, it has not been that bad. My family and friends have really pitched in to make me feel not so alone, and David has called several times each day to keep in touch and talk with the kids.

#3 New Year 2007. I start back on Weight Watchers full time the first week in January. I have lost 50 lbs so far and am looking forward to dropping the remaining 50 in 2007.

#4 My scrapbook weekend. Twice a year I get to go away with some girlfriends for 2 days and 2 nights to work on my scrapbooks. I look so forward to it and am so grateful to my husband for not giving me (too much) grief about it.

#5 Opening of our business. This is the reason David has been away. He is at management training for Meineke (see anticipation #1). We hope to open around the 3rd week of January. I will keep my job and David will run the shop. This is a new thing for both of us, and it is terrifying and exciting at the same time.

In closing, I anticipate good things in the future.

11 Comments:

  • it sounds like you have a busy year ahead... i'm glad your husband will be with you for christmas... i've taken alot of things for granted before. being with a man who you cannont be with all the time has ensured that i will never take that for granted. i feel truly lucky that i will have him with me at christmas. i know that you must feel the same way. i hope you and your family have a wonderful christmas, and a peaceful new year. good luck with the new business! it sounds exciting!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12/15/2006 3:54 PM  

  • Hope things turn out well for your store and that you have a lovely Christmas together.

    By Blogger papyrus, at 12/15/2006 8:00 PM  

  • The weight loss is a great thing to anticipate. I am happy that you have had the discipline to be so successful. I'm still working on it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/16/2006 9:05 AM  

  • Sounds like a lot of very good things to look forward to in the new year.

    By Blogger alphawoman, at 12/16/2006 2:25 PM  

  • Great anticipations! And great goals! And you are already half way to your weight loss goal! Go! Go!!Go!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/16/2006 5:22 PM  

  • Sounds like a lot to look forward to in the new year. Congratulations on what you've done this year, too!

    By Blogger ren powell , at 12/17/2006 5:45 AM  

  • Hope you enjoy the holidays with your husband and family. I think it's good to have things to look forward to...a plan if you will...it helps keep things on track.

    By Blogger kintheatl, at 12/17/2006 10:18 AM  

  • Those are fabulous things to anticipate - best of luck!!

    By Blogger twilightspider, at 12/18/2006 10:13 AM  

  • You got busy days ahead of you, lady. I wish you well all the way.

    By Blogger Rethabile, at 12/18/2006 3:23 PM  

  • Sounds like a bunch of great things! Good luck with all!

    By Blogger DJPare, at 12/21/2006 12:48 PM  

  • Good luck in 2007 Kay! I hope you and your family had a great holiday!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/31/2006 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home