What's Bugging Me

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

WHAT Like Dad's????

Being the World’s Best Wife ™, I often rub my husband’s shoulders. He gets knots in them and I usually use my elbow to rub them out. Jake (age 4) has also discovered the joy of backrubs. When David was out of town before Christmas, Jake asked me to rub his back. He asked for the lotion, like Dad. So, I rubbed in the lotion (two! times!) per request.

A week or so ago, I relayed the story to David that I had rubbed Jake’s back and that he had little bitty knots in the same place that David gets them.

Well, on Monday, I rubbed David’s shoulders, and then Jake asked me to do his. (with lotion, two! times!) Jake tells David “Mom says I have nuts like you. Only mine are little bitty and yours are big.” I got a very strange look from David before I translated that I had said he had KNOTS in his shoulders like his Dad.

So funny what kids will pick up. Even funnier is how they interpret it.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home