What's Bugging Me

Monday, July 24, 2006

It happened again

Okay, I think I can agree that I have the most beautiful daughter in the whole. wide. world. Oddly, random strangers also agree. Well, to say stranger is not entirely accurate, but acquaintance would be about right - people I might see twice a year or so. Here's the scene:

Me, strolling Anna Kathryn at the softball field at my church on Sunday evening.
Acquaintance #1 and #2, walking toward.

A#1 - Hey Kay - it's been so long since I've seen you. You had another baby? Oh, my how pretty. (and some other complimentary things)

A#2 (a man, even) - Wow, she is pretty. Look how perfect. She's the prettiest baby ever. Her little lips are so perfect on her face. She looks just like a doll.

Me: Thank you

Anna Kathryn: smiling at everyone.

This went on for several minutes - all the compliments and such.



My very good friend Susie takes the kids pictures. One of her friends tells her every time she visits the website, how pretty Anna Kathryn is.


And, don't get me wrong, she is beautiful. See?





Still, people do tend to go on. Which is nice. I wonder though, why I get so weirded out? I wonder, if because in the same sentence, they are also saying how much she looks like me..... and me and beautiful hardly belong in the same conversation, much less the same sentence.

And then I hope against hope that Anna Kathryn stays beautiful and never has to deal with the image issues I have.

4 Comments:

  • She is a beautiful little cherub!

    By Blogger paris parfait, at 7/25/2006 1:34 PM  

  • You should not have ever had image issues, beautiful friend o'mine. But, you can only helpen courage her self-esteem, which controls all those things!! Don't worry, we have to be careful not to give her too big of a head, either!

    ;-p

    By Blogger ShannonK, at 7/25/2006 2:21 PM  

  • *sigh* As someone with huge, huge image issues myself, I wanted to say something insightful. The photo, though...that perfect little face just chased all the thoughts away. :-)

    By Blogger Milenka, at 7/28/2006 4:31 PM  

  • Oh, she really is lovely!
    And I will bet that the sun rises and sets on you where she is concerned. Maybe you can learn to look at you the way she sees you...

    By Blogger Laura, at 8/07/2006 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home